Saturday, August 15, 2009

Independent Rains And Dhan Te Nan :-)

I dont know why but somehow it rains for me on each and every Independence day. Somehow i manage to get some drops on my face on every 15th august. Last year it rained. And this time, after full week of sunlight, all of a sudden clouds came upon the sky. I felt it would rain again. Naa. But while going for flag hoisting ceremony to college, i some how got 3-4 drops on my face. And i was not under illusion. I bet i was not. It was real. Rain Drops. :-) It has become a kind of habit for me to have this experience every 15th aug. Otherwise i dont feel normal. BTW HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY. :-)

Watching a FUPERB MOVIE. DHAN TE NAN

2 months back, i had seen two of Guy ritchie's most acclaimed films:- 1.Snatch and 2.Lock,stock and two smoking barrels. They were awesome movies representing a unique genre of their own. Yesterday when i watched Kaminey, i had never expected i would
get to see something on the lines of movies mentioned above. Kaminey is so different from the normal hindi movies u get to see. Now let me clarify first that the story is ordinary, so dont think in that sense. But wat works is the execution, the way movie plays out. Its alltogether new in each and every sense.

The movie sets a new precedent in dark movies. Vishal bharadwaj, for me, deserves all the praises. He directed, wrote, sang and was also the music director( wonderful music. very rarely do i say this for any non rahman album). But the best thing were his dialogues. Those punchy dialogues were so soothing to ears. Ahh he did so many things and was master in all of them.

Talking abt music, i never get Guljar's lyrics. I mean i dont get them. Thats wat i used to feel earlier. And i still feel the same. ;-) I cant get the hidden meaning of those lyrics but i loved them this time. And my favourite line from song "pehle baar mohabbat ki hai" is

" yaad hain peepal ke jiske ghane saaye the
hamne gilhari ke jhoothe matar khae the"

Ha ha ha. wat was that. but i love these lines the most. Hats off to him. I havent yet reached his level of intelligence. One thing that i loved the most was acting. Its best ensemble of actors i have seen in recent times. My nature is that i have always rooted for side actors. Somehow i m always biased for them. So due credit to shahid, priyanka for their awesome acting, but for me the side actors took the cake. I loved all of them (Lele, lobo, tashi, mikhail) . And particularly my hero was Amole Gupte who played Bhope bhau in the movie. Wat an acting by him. Completely AWESOME. My favourite scenes in the movie were:-

1. When Bhope Bhau shouts to his sidekicks(after slapping one of them)- "Bhau nahi toh sab carrom khelte hon. BHAU, BHAU, BHAU".

2. Tashi to Bhope(though tashi is meeting bhope for first time, he speaks as if they know each other for long)- "Bhope, topein (showing them) toh hamare pass bhi hain. Aaram se baith".

Its scenes like these that make the movie memorable. I wish these scenes had longer duration but that was not. If i go by movie, i would have given 3/5 but just bcos of marvellous acting i give it 4/5.(I m not trying to be a critic, i just gave stars to emphasize the acting part ;-) ) So go for it. ITF A FANTAFTIC MOVIE.

1 comment:

  1. I fully agree with Rain on 15th August...
    Do you know.. What's that..??
    voh to... Khuda ki Aankho se Nikalne vale... Shahido ki Kurbani ke Aansu hai...
    Vande Mataram...

    Yaar.. After Reading review of kaminey.. I am now more eager to watch it...

    ReplyDelete