Saturday, August 14, 2010

The movie that changed my LIFE

Year 2002

In march: once we in our class were having discussion about the fact that there are 2 movies on Bhagat Singh coming up this year. I almost scoffed at the idea. I commented that now they are remembering bhagat singh. Where were they in the last 72 years. Did not they care then? Now to cash on the publicity, they are doing this.

In May:

10th Std was about to begin.. While watching TV, i came across a trailer of "The Legend of Bhagat Singh". Within the very first moment, i started liking the visuals, the music(rahman). Then came the second trailer. It featured the song "Desh mere desh mere, meri jaan hai tu". Watching that, i was speechless. At that very instant, i knew i had to see this movie. I was waiting for 20th June to come so that i can watch the movie. My expectations were rising day by day as the release date was nearing. The music kept on playing in my mind. Never ever before i had shown this amount of interest in a movie.

June 20:

The movie got released. At that time, i had never thought of watching a movie in a theatre. I knew that the pirated version will soon come out and i was eagerly waiting for that. Generally, the latest movie was put up on cable on saturday. But NO. Not on that day. I was disappointed. Why did not they screen it. The next day i was feeling as if i have failed in the exam. Came afternoon, ATLAST THEY PUT IT UP. My joy knew no bounds.

After the movie ended, i could not fathom what was going within me. Through out the movie, i went through a sea of emotions. I was not watching the movie. I was seeing history being played out in front of me. I cant remember how many times i wanted to cry, but could not. I rarely cry. If there is a guilt i have, its that still after watching it for more than 10 times, i am not able to pour my heart out. All i get near to is just feel vibrations within.

One thing that i need to mention here is that it was the only time i realized that there was a thing for which i had boundless expectations and after watching it it even exceeded those expectations. It even surpassed high standards set upon by me. That explains how much impact did it make on me.

Now this was the sowing of seed. After the initial impact, all i used to wonder was how these people must have fought this battle during those times. Like a restless kid, i always wanted to go in that era when all these things happened. All of sudden, i felt i was not made for these modern times :P. Ofcourse, all these were short sighted conclusions. But still imagine the impact it had made on me.

About the movie, what shall i say. I remember each time i have watched it, a feeling engulfes me each time making me aware of the responsibility we have for this nation. A nation, for which, all these heroes gave away their lives without thinking for a moment. If i talk about the scenes, the article wont be sufficient place to say this. Each and every scene had a magic to it. Every actor played his/her part as if he is really living it. Ajay devgn, Sushant and all played their part to the tee.

And the music!!!! The background music was the biggest contributor in making the impact on me. I think it was with this movie i knew RAHMAN is to be worshipped not praised only.Whenever i hear the song repeatedldy, i get to know some new aspect of it. Sameer has never been my favourite lyricist. But the lines in this movie made me bow to his contribution. A simple line like "Desh mere desh mere" meant world to me all of a sudden. However, a side effect was also there. After the impact, i was like that zingoistic Indian, not ready to hear even a single word against it. Moreover, i had become a person who was proud of the fact that he was doing something for his country by just saying I LOVE INDIA. :P

At later stages, i felt that all this was sham from my side. If in anyway we can do something from our side to make sure that their cause remains relevant, we need to do something for society. And that itself will lead to welfare of nation. So, today if i have done anything, which is very little, i owe a major part to this MOVIE.

ALL I HAVE IS MY DEEP REGARDS AND GRATITUDE FOR RAJ KUMAR SANTOSHI WHO MADE THIS GEM.Need to say that i eat back my words stated in first para. AND THE SADDEST PART IS THAT THIS MOVIE WAS A FLOP BCOS OF A MOVIE OF SAME SUBJECT (BOBBY DEOL ONE- COMPLETE CRAP). Otherwise it may have changed others too. :) On this INDEPENDENCE DAY, all i wish is we get to see a country which all these visionaries imagined to be by working for it not just waiting, not the one that we see now... Hoping that the day comes soon..

P.S- NOLAN BLOG on the way. Man, its very tough to write on him than thought. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment